Chrissie Parker is an English author who lives Devon, UK. Chrissie always wanted to write books and as a child her school reports stated, “Chrissie is creative and enjoys her story writing, but needs to pay more attention to academic subjects too.”
Her English teacher was very supportive however, and encouraged her to follow her dream and never stop writing. So that’s what Chrissie did. Her first full-length story called The French Mystery, was written at the age of eleven, although it was never published. She continued to write lots of short stories and poetry, had her first piece of (factual) work published in 1999, and finally went on to publish her first book in 2008.
Eleven years on and Chrissie is now an author of six published books, and is currently working on books seven and eight. Here's a little snapshot of the the amazing things that have happened in the last ten years:
- Chrissie's books have been bought and read in many countries including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, USA, UK
- In 2016 Among the Olive Groves won an historical fiction award
- Chrissie's books are available in both public and college libraries in the UK
- Among the Olive Groves has been used for TIE International ESOL exams in Greece
- Chrissie has been interviewed on the Radio, Podcasts and YouTube Book Clubs in both the Greece, USA and UK
- Chrissie has appeared at Literary Festivals and Book Club Events
"This was the first book I've read by author Chrissie Parker, but it certainly won't be the last. I certainly hope that this very promising author is hard at work on her next book as we speak."